Compass Group, North America Culinary Internship in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
A Fresh Approach to Great Results.* *
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
Setting the standard for Conference Center Management, FLIK is on the forefront of the industry. FLIK is uniquely positioned to expertly manage a wide range of operations and has demonstrated abilities in exceeding clients' goals and objectives for their facilities.
FLIK Conference Centers is a full-solutions provider. FLIK takes responsibility for the facilities we operate while providing the highest level of customer service.
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders developing skills and competencies to be successful in the hospitality and service industry. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development.
● Work under the directive of the Executive Chef and Team Dietitian to complete all assigned tasks and
● Report to the kitchen on time and prepared to work
● Aid the dietitian team at the fueling station when needed, also preparing signage and menu cycles for players
● Use inventory and product as directed, limiting waste wherever possible
● Follow a prep list or other directive as given by the chef
● Assist in executing player take home meals with in there dietary needs
● Package and properly label all take home meals
● Properly cook, cool, label and store all foods in accordance with safety and sanitation regulations
● Work efficiently, cleanly, and safely to ensure all food is produced in a timely manner, with attention to properly cooling and packaging food.
● Act as a representative of the FLIK and the Philadelphia Eagles origination at all times
● Work with standard kitchen equipment in a professional kitchen
● May be ask to work and or perp the action cook to order station
● Having a working knowledge of fresh, whole product and how to handle
● Wear proper kitchen attire including non-slip shoes
● Maintain a positive and professional attitude with all other kitchen personnel
Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive credit or hands on experience
Learn, observe and practice a variety of experiences in our industry.
Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
Excellent writing and editing skills
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills
Self-directed, proactive and curious
Flexible and adaptable
Interest in the hospitality and service industry
Attitude of a leader
Enjoy building relationships
This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing
Apply to Flik today!
/Flik is a member of Compass Group USA/
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
*Req ID: *196840
THOMAS S KREWATCH